random scattered thoughts

Sometimes you hear what you know in your heart is true but it still stabs you in the heart like a knife.


~*~   ~*~  ~*~   ~*~   ~*~  ~*~  ~*~   ~*~  ~*~

I have been doing a lot of thinking the past few days. Like not just every day thinking but deep thinking. Today I was at an orientation and they showed a video that asked simply, "What are you passionate about?" As I read the question, it was a video you had to read, I felt all the emotions just come to the surface. I knew the answer and it had NOTHING to do with where I was.

On Sunday, I caught the last few minutes for 60 minutes and they were talking about how the i-pad is giving a voice to autistic children/adults who have never been able to communicate before. I watched as the children were able to express themselves and I cried!

I am passionate about those kids! I am passionate about my inner city kids!

~*~   ~*~  ~*~   ~*~   ~*~  ~*~  ~*~   ~*~  ~*~

For the past two years I have gone to NYC at Christmas time. Its become my new tradition. I love Christmas and I love NYC so it only makes sense. This year I had decided I wouldn't go but the past few days, after I broke out the Christmas music, I have started to question that decision. I may have to revisit it. 

~*~   ~*~  ~*~   ~*~   ~*~  ~*~  ~*~   ~*~  ~*~

Sometimes I wonder how some people in live such a fictional life. Its sad when I know the truth about their life more than them, or at least I think I do. Then truth is spoken into your own life. And its something so real that you recognize it as truth but at the same time its something you've thought and re-thought a million times. 

~*~   ~*~  ~*~   ~*~   ~*~  ~*~  ~*~   ~*~  ~*~

I had one of my favorite photo shoots the other week. I can't say it was my favorite because the pictures are so much better than any other I've taken but every picture I have enhanced has made me smile. I shouldn't be surprised that a good person like him ended up with such a great family and well behaved kids. Which then leads me to my next thoughts about where my youth went? Like I feel like a chunk of it is a blur.

0 comments: